Wednesday, June 4, 2008

English class


I tutor at the Dogwood Literacy Council each Wednesday morning. I used to do it twice a week, but then Elisa came along... and now all we can handle is once a week.

I love my class. I have three students: Thinh, Gladis, and Walter. They are so much fun. They really like Elisa too. I leave her at home with Greg any time I can. But most of the time I have to bring her... and they talk to her and hold her and try to get her to smile.
Today was my last class for the summer. I'm kind of sad about it because I'm not sure how I'm going to continue teaching in the fall. It's just getting harder and harder to take Elisa with me. It's right during her morning nap time, and sometimes she gets really fussy during class. When she starts crawling around I have no idea how I'll contain her. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: