Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today was my mom's birthday and for the first time in a few years I was able to be with her to celebrate. It was a fun to be together. Leesi was also very excited to celebrate with Grandma. She loves birthdays, particularly birthday cake and birthday presents. She told Grandma, "I am going to give you a present! I am going to give you blue pajamas!" My mom was nice enough to still act surprised when she opened the gift.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you and I'm so happy that now we live close enough to visit you on your birthday! I have learned so much from you. Your conscientiousness in all that you do inspires me. And it's fun to watch your excitement for your grandkids. Hope this year is a great one!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thanks, Carolyn. It is really great having you all closer. I had a wonderful birthday despite the number of candles Dad piled on the cake. Having you, Elisa and Jonathan here was soooo good.