Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

Happy Ash Wednesday to you all. I don't know if that's an oxymoron or not... do you wish people a "happy day" to remember that we are dust and to dust we shall return? hmmm

As I think about entering the season of Lent this year I'm wondering what I can do to make more space for God in my life. What are the physical things I can do to help my spirit enter into stillness before God? Of course there are things that can be given up: chocolate, coffee, t.v., etc. And there are things that can be added: special times of prayer, repentance, Bible study, worship, etc. I haven't decided what I'm going to do this year yet. Have you? I want to do more than dye eggs and make baskets in preparation for Easter. I want to prepare my heart as well.

If you'd like to read more information about the season of Lent, or Ash Wednesday here's a link! http://www.crivoice.org/cylent.html

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Good article thanks for the heads up. I have been thinking the same things lately. I know I prepare my heart certain times,Christmas,Easter & even Communion Sundays. What I want is to be always prepared,daily. It sounds so simple but is not & that is something I'm working on. The more I learn the more I realize His plan is perfect,why do I try to figure it out?