Monday, May 2, 2011

Seaside Getaway

For Christmas Wanda gave us a Groupon for a night at a hotel in Seaside and dinner at the hotel restaurant. She also said she'd watch the kids while we went away.

Wow. It was like, the best Christmas present ever. We had such a great weekend away. The weather was perfect: sunny with beautiful blue sky. It had been awhile since we'd been to the beach, and let me tell you, when we got our first glimpse, it took my breath away.


We had so much fun on the beach: flying our kite, throwing the frisbee, walking, and getting our feet just a little bit wet (brrr). We also enjoyed the hotel pool, hot tub, and sauna; ate lots and lots of food; and went on a morning run (after sleeping in). One highlight of the weekend was when I beat Greg at air hockey! First time ever.

When we got back to Wanda's house Elisa shrieked with delight and then ran around like a wild woman. Jonathan saw Greg and RAN to him! Then he contentedly sat on his lap. He's such a Daddy's boy. When he finally did notice me he didn't really show any expression. Just like, "Oh, you're here too. That's nice." It was kind of funny. But I feel like it's about Greg's turn to have one of the kids like him more than me. So I don't begrudge him that.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So glad to hear you had a great time. The beach is an awesome place and I know it is a very special place for you two.

Christa Forsythe said...

That sounds like the best day ever! So glad you guys were able to get away... your pictures make me miss the beach!