Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Nora - almost two!

This little cutie is 21 months old! I can't believe that she is almost two, but I guess I have to accept it, all the signs are there. Her legs are stretching, her hair needs regular attention, and she is starting to put two words together into mini sentences. Big girlie!


Here are some of her cute little ways:

When it is time to clean up, she helps willingly and even sings along to the clean up song. Her version goes, "bean up, bean up!"

She has learned that though she is the smallest, she has a mighty voice. She knows how to shriek! She often screams "MINE!" And then when you give the longed for item to her she'll say, "tank oo!" sweet as pie. Or sometimes instead of thank you she says you're welcome (melcom). So we coach her, "Nora, say thank you." "Melcom!" she replies. 

She loves Elisa (Ee-uh), and Jonathan (Don-than), and her special pink blankie (bobby). 

She loves her daddy. Once when Greg wasn't home in time for dinner, she asked, "Daddy?" I told her, "No Daddy tonight. He'll be home later." She burst out crying. 

Another time, we came back after being gone for the weekend and she saw us at the door. Her little hands went up to her mouth, and then back down to her sides, and then back up to her mouth and she started shrieking, "Daddy! Daddy!" as she ran to the door. 

She copies whatever she hears big brother and sister saying. Sometimes when we tell her she can't do something she'll say, "Aw man!" which is hilarious coming out of her little one-year-old mouth. Other times when she's set on a certain course of action and we explain that she can't do it, she'll sigh deeply and say, "Oh tay." Like, "I understand why I can't do it, and I'll go along with it, but I don't have to like it."

She loves messing in my purse. One day, since I hadn't heard her for awhile, I went to check on her. I found her starting in on her sixth piece of gum (not just chewing, but swallowing of course). "Bi-mens, bi-mens!" (vitamins) she kept saying as I took what was left of the gum out of her hand.

She has amazing fine motor skills. One of her favorite things to do is play with my keys. She has now gotten to the point that when I hand her my keys she can find the right one to use in the door, get it into the keyhole, and turn it. I still have to turn the knob, but she can do everything else on her own.

Love you to pieces, Nor Bor! 


No comments: