Monday, June 1, 2009

Vacation!

So here I am in Phoenix visiting Anna and Caleb. I've been here since Friday, and I leave on Wednesday. Greg and Leesi are at home, having some quality Daddy-Daughter time. It's been really fun being here. I feel really relaxed... this is the first time I've been away from Elisa overnight.

When we were first planning this trip it was supposed to be during Greg's ACSD conference. And Elisa was supposed to come with me. Every year he goes to this week long conference in early June, and every year I sit at home alone, sad that he's gone. So this year we decided that while Greg was gone, Leesi and I would go to Phoenix. Well, about a week after we bought our plane tickets Greg's conference was canceled... wouldn't you know it! So, after much deliberation, we decided that Greg would keep Leesi at home with him, and I would go to Phoenix alone. And I have to say that I think we made the right decision. I thought that I'd miss her a lot and be sad to be away from her for so long... But I am really glad I didn't bring her! It's so nice to be able to lay in bed for as long as I want after I wake up. It's so nice not to have to worry about keeping her on her nap schedule, or her bedtime routine. It's nice not to change diapers. (Speaking of diapers, Greg said that Elisa said "poop" for the first time the other day- hee hee)

Anyway, Anna and Caleb have been great hosts. I've had lots of fun hanging out with them and their dog, Shep. And it's been fun to see Anna pregnant (she is a couple months ahead of me... due in August with their first, a little boy). This evening I think we're going to make a mobile for his room.

Greg has been updating his blog regularly while I've been away with pictures of Elisa. So head over there to see the latest!

1 comment:

Caleb and Anna Fields said...

It was wonderful to have you! I had so much fun and thanks for your crafty help with the mobile! Thank you so much for taking some time away from your beautiful family to spend with the Fields! I miss you already!--anna