Saturday, March 6, 2010

Valentine craftiness

At the library we use this hard plastic stuff that's sticky on one side to cover paperback books. A few weeks ago one of the other girls who I work with was covering books and she had a bunch of little pieces of this plastic left over. We were brainstorming about different uses for it and I ended up bringing home a bunch of the scraps thinking I was going to use them to make Valentine bookmarks. After some thought I ended up using it to make these fridge magnets...



Aren't they so cute? I sent them to our family members as little Valentines gifts. They are just wallet size pictures glued to thin magnetic backing (I happened to have a roll of this left over from a previous project. If you are interested in making something similar and don't want to buy anything, my friend Jeana used old magnets from pizza places etc. to make her alphabet magnets.) Then I used the aforementioned plastic from the library to cover them.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

I love my Valentine magnets,so does everyone who sees them. Grammy