Thursday, November 19, 2009

Potty Time

So Elisa has been showing a little bit of interest in going to the bathroom lately. Last weekend we bought her her own potty. She was really excited about it, and carries it around the house in order to sit on it in different locations. But both Greg and I realized after buying the potty, that neither one of us has any idea how to go about potty training. Anyway, this morning Elisa grabbed her diaper and said, "poop." I asked her if she wanted to go poop on the potty and she said yes. So we took off her pants and diaper and she sat on her potty. She kept on getting up to go get books for me to read to her. Finally after quite some time, she peed in her potty. I was so surprised. And I think she may have been a little surprised too.

Anyway, I'm not sure that we're going to start serious potty training yet. But I do want to make a plan and start getting ready to potty train. I'd welcome advice and recommendations for good books and websites etc.

No comments: