Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Yesterday Elisa and I went to the grocery store together. I took the back roads because I had noticed there were horses out in a certain field and I wanted Elisa to be able to see them. So I drove really slowly past the place with the horses and we oohed and aahed together. After we had driven past the horses this was our conversation:

"I want to see horses again."
"No, I don't think we'll get to see any more horses."
"Maybe an elephant?"
"An elephant?"
"Yeah, I want to see elephants."
"No, I don't think we'll see any elephants."
"Maybe some zebras?"
"No, I don't think we'll see any zebras."
"Maybe some lions?"
"No, we probably won't see any lions. Oh, look... cows!"

She asked about all these animals in total seriousness. To her, it makes just as much sense that we would see lions on our way to the store as it does that we would see horses or cows. So funny.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Leesi may not have been surprised to see all those animals but I bet Mom would have been. Been to the game farm recently?